- History and G-d
- Moshe Ben-Chaim
- Response of a reader after reading Torah from Sinai article:
- "The existence of these supposed "witnesses" (reference
is to Jews at Mt. Sinai) is as questionable as anything. There
is no proof whatsoever that these witnesses witnessed anything. The
fact that some book says so does not mean that it actually
- You deny the existence of Caesar? Or other historical facts? If mass
conspiracy is something you believe to fall under the category of
"possibility", we cannot go on, as I see as true that mass
conspiracy cannot exist.
- You will agree with me that the rules of evidence are different when
you deal with a meaningless proposition, or when you are trying to
prove that GOD SPOKE to people, and He told them that they should do
lots of WEIRD things (like killing animals and burning them to make
- Rules of evidence do not change regardless of the story one is
trying to validate.
- Also, we do not do anything FOR G-d. It is for US to offer animals,
as it awakens in us the fact that we are the ones who should be
- G-d does not need man, or his prayers. This is childish.
- G-d does not partake of anything human such as "needs".
- G-d created the first human, Adam, and prior to Adam, there was no
such thing as a "psyche" which
- has needs.
- G-d has no needs.
- People think this only because people can't imagine another being
which is different than man. This is close mindedness.
- I believe that G-d created the various species of animals, for
example, to teach us that just as there are creatures which vary
exceedingly, that this variation can be applied to a comparison
between man and G-d.
- There are fish with no eyes, but navigate through ultra-sensitive
sensory organs lined in their sides, squids which move by jet
engine-type functions. And according to one shita, the Snake mentioned
in Genesis was a real creature, but did not have a full psyche as we
- Certainly then, the Creator of all things is not bound by the rules
which He makes. If He can create beings, some with and some without
specific organs, functions, and the like, then He, being the Master of
creation can be
- very different, and even unknowable.
- G-d created an entire animal kingdom, not one of these creatures can
perform a simple 2+2=4 equation. They are devoid of mathematical
capabilities. Similarly, He created us with ignorance of His true
nature. "Ki lo yirani adam v'chai". "Man cannot know me
- To begin assuming things about G-d is very dangerous, as you forfeit
your entire chalek in olam haba.